Waxing is an important element of self-care and the most satisfying! Nothing can replace the feeling of being hair-free in all your favourite places once you have walked out of the salon. We know how important waxing can be as part of your beauty regime, so we want to give you the best tips for your after wax care. Waxing is recommended to be done every 4-6 weeks which will allow your skin to acclimate to waxing, slow your hair growth and maintain better results between your treatments.
Pre Waxing Care
- Personal Hygiene “ It is always kind and courteous to bathe and keep clean before a bikini or body wax treatment.
- Avoid lotions “ Do not apply self-tanners, body sprays, deodorants and other topical creams that are not specially for pre-epilation.
- Let your hair grow “ Allow a minimum of 2-3 weeks or at least Â¼ an inch of hair growth if you have been shaving
- Avoid heat “ Don’t go to the tanning bed, hot tub or sauna before your appointment
- Exfoliate “ 24 hours before your appointment, exfoliate the area gently to remove dead skin cells and allow a cleaner wax
- Wear comfortable clothing “ This will prevent irritation after waxing so your clothing doesn’t rub against your affected area.
Recommended pre wax product:
- Pre-epilation spray lotion, quick absorption action
- It cleanses the skin and prepares it for the depilatory treatment, by creating an effective protective barrier between the wax and the skin
- Its improved adhesion makes it perfect for use with all types of wax (warm, in a jar or roll on) and makes it easier to remove
Post Waxing Care
This is so essential as everybody’s skin reacts differently to wax, so please take precaution.
- Heightened sensitivity â You may experience very sensitive skin for the next 24-48 hours. Apply a cold compress if you experience sensitivity or irritation after your treatment. Hydro-cortison may be applied to reduce redness and irritation following treatment.
- Avoid heat “ No tanning, sun bathing, hot tubs or saunas for the next 48 hours after treatment. This is because a dead layer of skin cells has been removed during waxing, it may expose the skin to sun and heat causing it to burn.
- No hot baths or exercising “ Recommended for 2 hours following your treatment.
- Exfoliate “ After 48 hours, it is recommended to exfoliate daily to eliminate ingrown hairs and aafter-waxcare.
Recommended post wax products:
Post Epilation Hydrating Milk with Aloe Vera and Menthol
This is perfect for those not looking for an oil based formula. It is a hydrating and softening milk formula used to remove all wax residue after waxing, leaving skin clean, hydrated and velvety soft. It makes skin easier to cleanse and leaves it feeling refreshed, quickly absorbed as massaged into skin without causing redness.
- Perfect for use after all types of wax treatments
- Formulated to remove all wax residue leaving the skin clean, hydrated and smooth
- Quick absorption
Recommended for further protection:
Maintain the health of your skin after 24 hours post wax with Byothea’s Moisturising body milk with 100% Argan oil. The product is full of Multivitamin Complex (A.C.E.F) which stimulates rapid cell regeneration and opposes free radicals, perfect for restoring your skin. It keeps the skin toned, leaving it compact and relaxed. Shea Butter carries out softening, hydrating and nourishing action. Nourishes and repairs skin, prolongs suppleness and elasticity.
- Nourishing body milk with a fresh and dry texture ideal for dry skin
- Makes the skin velvety and silky more compact and luminous
- Daily use is recommended for long term benefit
After wax care is important as if your skin is sensitive, it can lead to minor breakouts. This is because waxing causes the temporary enlargement of hair follicles, allowing bacteria residing on the skin to enter throughout the enlarged follicles and cause skin infections. If this occurs, it is recommended you visit a doctor to be treated as soon as possible. This is why it is important to take proper care of your skin following a wax treatment.
*Byotea is a line of cosmetics by Exi professional products with a range of all natural products that have been nickel tested and proven to have nickel less than 1 part in a million. Their products are paraben-free (preservatives used for bacterial and fungicidal properties), GMO-free (substances or raw materials extracted from plants and genetically modified plant) and SLES- (sodium lauryl sulphate) and SLS (sodium lauryl sulphate).