Looking into organic shampoo? Congrats – it looks like you are finally ready to give your hair the attention it deserves. Why does everyone want to replace their standard hair care with organic shampoo and conditioner? Firstly, organic shampoo lines care for nature – Earth matters.
Next, natural, organic shampoos are safe to use because they don’t strip colour (and let’s face it, most of us dye hair, in one way or another). Hair cleansed with organic-based shampoo can make the hair look more radiant. Essentially, you get all nutrients, vitamins, and oils or your scalp in a natural way.
View this post on Instagram
Everything for your hair to look healthy and beautiful is in organic haircare. So, let’s find out what are all the benefits you will get if you choose an organic shampoo, and what are the best organic shampoo and conditioner for various hair issues.
Organic Shampoo Benefits You Don’t Want to Miss Out
Unlike conventional synthetical shampoos, which have plenty of harsh chemical ingredients, organic shampoos use natural ingredients that prevent long-term side effects such as hair loss, shorter follicles, premature grey hair, dryness, itchiness, and a red scalp.
View this post on Instagram
The fact that you can make organic shampoo at home (egg yolk, anyone?)is in favour of the gentle processes used in organic haircare manufacturing. But organic ingredients can be expensive to buy by the piece. Your best bet is a certified organic haircare that can provide the following benefits:
- Improve the scalp condition. Due to the skin retaining its natural oils, you get an enhanced look and an enhanced feel of the scalp – it will be less itchy, red, and dry.
- Make a considerable difference in cleansing. If you are used to excessive lather, less lathering in organic shampoos can seem unnatural. But because natural ingredients are soothing to your hair, the follicles tend to retain more water and thus, washes produce less lather.
- Contain a pH-balanced formula. The pH value in the best organic shampoo should be between 3.5 and 5.5. If the pH value drops below 6.0 the cuticle layer shrinks because the product is less acidic than the natural hair pH value.
- Stimulate hair proteins for growth and repair. Rich in proven natural nutrients, such as Jojoba Extract, Almond Oil, Chamomile Extract, Argan Oil, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil just some of the ingredients to look for. Also search for Kakadu Plum Extract, Tea Tree Oil, Avocado Oil, Honey, Aloe Vera, Shea Butter, Vegetable Glycerin, and VItamins A and E!
- Moisturise with the essential nutrients. Genuine oils extracted from plant seeds and kernels are gelly and buttery, leaving hair with a silky, hydrated feel that doesn’t look heavy.
- Prevent allergies. Plant-based ingredients are generally hypo-allergenic and suitable for most hair types, including sensitive skin and scalps prone to allergies.
- Maintain hair colour. Chemical hair alterations such as colouring or perm have already changed the hair texture. Organic shampoo is not as aggressive to the scalp as a synthetic shampoo. That is why you are asked to replace your standard shampoo with a product for coloured hair or wash your hair with a keratin-based shampoo if you did a keratin treatment.
- Benefit the environment. Again, fewer harsh chemicals in shampoos equal less pollution in the environment.
- Treat individual hair issues. Organic haircare and skincare brands have hundreds of listed ingredients for specific hair issues and offer adding chosen ingredients (essential oils, for example) to create a personalised hair care solution.
- Extremely effective for hair thinning and dandruff. If you begin an organic hair care routine to tackle these problems, you will notice results in approximately four to six weeks.
Tip: Read the labels on natural shampoos to notice whether they are listed as non-toxic, paraben-free, and sulphate-free.
Organic Shampoos & Conditioners:
Not all shampoos and treatments are created the same, that’s why it’s important to find the right product for you. Organic haircare lines all contain different ingredients and botanicals, pick what’s best for you!
Why is organic shampoo better? Simply because it can infiltrate the hair follicles with the best plant wealth outsourced from nature. You cannot keep your hair permanently unchanged, especially if you use many hot styling tools or permanent colour all the time.