20 Trending Shades of Unicorn Hair
This year, we have seen the rise in the unicorn craze – from unicorn makeup brushes to unicorn food. We are just insane about anything unicorn inspired and colourful – as seen in the still ever-present trend of unicorn hair. We all want to get lost in the world of our magical friends and one way to maintain that childhood fantasy is by painting our hair in majestic pastels and vivid colours. Why be like everyone else when you can be a unicorn? We have picked some of our favourite unicorn inspired hair from Pinterest and Instagram that will perhaps spark your next hair-venture.
1. These beautiful pastel colours come down in a beautiful rainbow layer arrangement – pink, purple, blue, green. This look is so stunning and magical.
2. Violet is the perfect base colour – I love how this has vibrant vivid colours splashed throughout the pastel for a pop out effect.
3. Just go full time vibrant! Of course, this is the work of Guy Tang my favourite hair genius. I love how he blended the colours and made it look like a colourful inferno.
4. This is my favourite pastel colour combination – violet and aqua. I love the ombre effect and how it nicely blends, especially when curled.
5. I’ve always wanted to get my hair light enough to try this! How exquisite is this pastel foil?
6. If you’re not as keen for something so light, go with this darker shade of violet mixed in with some pastel purple and blue.
7. I like the way this colourful ombre transitions from dark to light colours because it is one way to disguise regrowth! It looks like a cascading waterfall of melting colours.
8. To me, this is the true unicorn! I love how light and metallic the pastels are, it makes the look more gentle and shiny.
9. This tie dye effect is pretty cool.
10. I love how these vibrants pop out through the blonde. Yes to party hair!
11. This blue and violet combination is very galaxy-esque.
12. This look reminds me of cotton candy. The pinks bring out a sweet flavour, especially the hot pink roots!
13. How luscious is this look? Go for the fainter more metallic pastels for that extra gloss and shine. This one is obviously a wig!
14. Again, the hot pink roots are HOT! You would definitely stand out with this colour.
15. Or you can go mermaid with aqua to blue and violet tones. The braids make it look mermaid-like, but if it was out in full length, waves, it will emit everything unicorn.
16. Elegant infusions of blue and violet pastels makes this look ethereal.
17. These bright blue roots melt towards the tip and reminds me of the ocean.
18. It almost looks like the rays of sunlight coming through a window and splashing rainbow onto her hair.
19. Or go half violet half purple! This look is quite different.
20. Another Guy Tang favourite of mine – he is just a master of colours and these blues really make me feel the unicorn hair vibe.